- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe Video
|Pie crust||2 Medium|
|Canned pure pumpkin||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Unsweetened coconut milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||4 Medium (room temperature)|
|Spiced rum||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.1 mg41.4%
Sodium 569.8 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 223.6% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a rimmed baking pan in center of oven.
2. Line a deep pie pan with the crust on the bottom and sides and pierce with fork to punch small holes.
3. In a bowl place the pumpkin. Add the coconut milk and brown sugar. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Put the spices. Whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Whisk in the rum.
5. Pour filling into pie pan. Place pie on baking pan.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 55 minutes or until pie is not longer jiggly.
7. Remove from oven and allow complete cooling.
8. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve after dinner.