- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indonesian Sambal Recipe Video
|Jalapeno/Thai bird chillies||2 Medium|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), peeled, cut into very small pieces|
|Macadamia nut||6 Medium|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon, firmly packed|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Lemon grass||2 Medium|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2931.7 mg122.2%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.7%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 58.7% Vitamin C 73.6%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Beat the lemongrass stalks with back of a knife and chop them roughly.
2) In a food processor, add all the ingredients and pulse to get a paste consistency.
3) In a pot over a medium high heat, add oil and then the sambal mixture.
4) Stir constantly and cook for 7 minutes until lighly browned.
5) Add water and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until creamy.
6) Use the sambal in a marinade for grilled shrimp or as desired.