- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Mushroom||1 Pound, sliced|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg
Sodium 123.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 12% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare all the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a pot melt 2 tablespoon butter. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes or until softened and starting to brown.
3. Put the mushrooms and mix well.
4. Add the paprika, dill and 1 cup water. Bring to a soft boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. While soup is simmering, in a skillet melt the remaining butter.
6. Put the flour and whisk, constantly, for 3 minutes. Slowly add the milk whisking at all times until sauce thickens.
7. Add this sauce to mushrooms. Pour the remaining ½ cup water.
8. Season with salt & pepper. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
9. Add the lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix well and heat through.
10. In a serving bowl, serve the soup and enjoy with any crispy bread.