- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe Video
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White syrup/Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Spanish raw peanut)|
|Baking soda||3 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For greasing)|
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1210.2 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHeavy 8 Quart pot
17x24 foil tray
1. Prepare a foil tray about the size of 17 x 24, and place it on a wire mesh.
2. Brush melted butter or margarine on the foil.
3. In a heavy pot combine the sugar, water and corn syrup and cook it for 5-6 minutes or until it reaches 230 degree temperature.
4. Once you reach the temperature add the peanuts and stir with a wooden spoon until you reach a hard crack stage or until you reach 310 degree in temperature.
5. In another bowl combine the baking soda and salt, keep in aside.
6. Add the margarine to the peanut mixture and stir, add the mixture of baking soda and salt.
7. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon and pour the peanut mixture on the prepared foil tray.
8. Let it spread evenly and leave it to cool for 30 minutes.
9. Once done break it into pieces.
10. Serve the peanut brittle as a snack on holidays.