- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Homemade Croutons Recipe Video
|Bread||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (enough to coat the bread)|
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 693.5 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, put the bread cubes.
2. Season with salt, oregano, thyme, garlic, black pepper. Mix well to coat all the bread.
3. Pour olive oil over the bread and mix it well to coat all the herbs and salt to the bread.
4. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
5. In a baking tray, line the bread cubes in a single layer.
6. Bake it for 20 minutes or till the croutons are crispy.
7. Serve these croutons in soups and salads or store it in air tight containers.