- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Coconut Rum Recipe Video
|Coconuts||2 Large (brown coconuts)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rum||1 Bottle (1 l)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6282 Calories from Fat 2225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 266 g409%
Saturated Fat 235.8 g1178.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 168.8 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 421 g140.3%
Dietary Fiber 71.5 g285.8%
Sugars 349.2 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 43.7%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 114%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Drill a hope through the top of a coconut and remove all the water.
3. Pop the coconuts into the oven for 15 minutes to heat them up so it's easy to break.
4. Open up the coconuts by cracking them along the cracks with a screwdriver and hammer.
5. Remove the coconut meat and place in a grinder to grind into bits.
5. In a pot, heat sugar and water to make simple syrup.
6. Add the ground coconut meat into the pan and combine and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Add the mix into jars.
8. Pour in the rum.
9. Put the lid on and set aside for 2-3 weeks. Shake it ever other day.
10. Use the coconut rum for making cocktails and serve.
You can use the coconut shells as cups for a tropical type party.