- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Video
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 727 Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.4 mg58.1%
Sodium 959.5 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 38 g75.6%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 86.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease an ovenproof bowl, or spray with non-stick spray.
3. In a small bowl dissolve mustard and salt in a tablespoon of hot water, and mix well to make a smooth paste.
4. In a pot of boiling water, put in the macaroni and cook for about 6 minutes or as per instructions on packet.
5. Drain the macaroni and leave it hot.
6. In a greased bowl, place the mustard paste, butter and beaten egg.
7. Put in a tablespoon of hot macaroni, mix well, put in the remaining macaroni and mix well to combine.
8. Add the cheese reserving about ½ a cup, and fold it well.
9. Stream the milk on top spreading it all over and flatten the top.
10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, spreading it all over.
11. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until it is golden on top and the custard is set.
12. Serve hot as desired.