- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Truffle Salt Recipe Video
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon (for holiday essence salt (zest of 2 lemon))|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Medium (for holiday essence salt (1 sprig))|
|Thyme sprigs||2 Gram (for holiday essence salt)|
|Sage||2 Gram (for holiday essence salt)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 Gram (for holiday essence salt)|
|Fresh ground pepper||1 Tablespoon (for holiday essence salt)|
|Coarse sea salt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (3/4 cup for holiday essence salt +3/4 cup for truffle salt)|
|Dried shiitake mushroom||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground (for truffle salt)|
|White truffle oil||3 Dash (for truffle salt (few dash))|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 110613.6 mg4608.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 81.6%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place herbs in oven at 350 degree and dry.
2. For holiday essence salt, in a food processor, add lemon zest, dried herb, and pepper. Blend for about a minute or until finely chopped.
3. Insert salt and pulse until it forms small crystals for about 30 seconds.
4. Put it in an air tight container, and store it in cool dark place for up to 2 months.
5. For truffle salt, in processor, grind mushroom until it resembles the size of sea salt.
6. Add salt and a few drops of truffle oil. Mix them together. Store it in an air tight container.
7. Sprinkle truffle salt on your favourite veggies and chicken and serve hot.