- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hayashi Rice Recipe Video
|For the flour mixture|
|Unsalted butter||10 Gram|
|Cake flour||2 Tablespoon|
|For the beef slices|
|Thin beef slices||150 Gram|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the rest of the ingredients|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||150 Gram, slice|
|Carrot||40 Gram, slice|
|Button mushrooms||50 Gram, slice|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||100 Gram, canned, diced|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green peas||2 Tablespoon, frozen|
|Japanese worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspooon|
|Parsley||1 Medium, chopped|
|Whipping cream||1 Teaspoon|
|Steamed rice||340 Gram|
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.3 mg
Sodium 1533.5 mg63.9%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 85.4% Vitamin C 36.1%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the onion into ½ inch and carrot into fine strips.
2. Slice the button mushroom into thin slices and keep all the vegetables aside.
3. Take a pan and heat the butter on low heat.
4. Allow the butter to melt and add the sieved flour.
5. Stir fry the flour for more than 10 minutes until the flour is browned.
6. Turn off the heat and remove the pan.
7. Add 1/3 bouillon broth and continue mixing the flour mixture.
8. Place the flour mixture on a plate.
9. Season lightly the beef slices with salt and pepper.
10. Take a pan and add the vegetable oil in it.
11. Place the beef slices into the pan with seasoned side facing down.
12. Sprinkle salt and pepper on other side of the beef.
13. Brown the beef on high heat and then turn them to other side.
14. When both sides of the beef are brown, place them on a plate.
15. Take the same pan and add the butter and olive oil to it.
16. Melt the butter on medium heat and then add the chopped onion and carrot into it.
17. Add the chopped garlic clove and stir lightly.
18. Add the chopped mushrooms and allow them to wilt.
19. Spoon in the tomato ketchup and coat the vegetables properly.
20. Throw in the beef slices and mix them well.
21. Add the red wine and allow cooking on reduced heat.
22. When the alcohol is evaporated completely, add the remaining bouillon.
23. Add canned diced tomatoes, honey and bay leaf to the beef mixture.
24. Allow them to cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
25. Cover the pan and simmer on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
26. Remove the lid and add green peas, salt and Japanese Worcestershire sauce to the mixture.
27. Add salt, pepper (if required), soy sauce, flour mixture and lightly stir them.
28. Add the butter to the steamed rice and tightly pack some rice in a small bowl.
29. Empty the rice bowl on a plate along with a few ladles of the Hayashi sauce on a serving plate.
30. Sprinkle the chopped parsley and top with whipping cream before serving.