- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Gyudon Recipe Video
|Beef||1⁄3 Pound, thinly sliced (200g, With A Little Fat)|
|Onion||4 2⁄3 Ounce (1/2 Onion, 130g)|
|Ginger||1⁄8 Gram (5g)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hon mirin||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 1⁄3 Fluid Ounce (100ml)|
|Granulated dashi||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beni shoga||1 Teaspoon (Japanese Pickled Ginger)|
|Shichimi||To Taste (Seven Flavor Chili Pepper)|
|Steamed rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.4 mg
Sodium 1124.4 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Separate the layers with your fingers.
3. Grate an inch of ginger, chop the scallion.
4. Place 2 eggs in a heavy pot. Add enough boiling water to submerge the eggs.
5. Cover and let the eggs cook for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the egg and let them cool in ice water.
7. Break the egg and see how it looks, the egg white will be softer than the yolk.
8. To parboil the beef, boil water in a pot, turn off the burner and put the beef in the pot.
9. When the beef looses its red color, remove it from water and drain well. Do not over cook the beef or it will lose its savory flavor.
10. Add sake, home mirin, soy sauce and sugar to a skillet.
11. Turn on the burner and stir the mixture at medium heat.
12. When it starts to sizzle, add the beef.
13. Toss to coat evenly. Remove the beef before the stock evaporates.
14. Turn off the burner and remove the beef.
15. Reheat the skillet, add water, granulated dashi, grated ginger and onion to the mixture.
16. Stir lightly and cover. When the liquid starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and cook the onion for 5 more minutes.
17. Remove the lid and mix in the beef.
18. When the beef is warmed up, put steamed rice in a bowl. Spoon the beef and the onion along with the juices on top of the rice.
19. Sprinkle chopped scallion and garnish with beni shoga or Japanese pickled ginger.
20. Finally top with onsen tamago or hot spring egg. Top with a seven flavor chili pepper.