- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs Recipe Video
|Shrimp||4 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Pineapple||1 Medium, peeled, cut into squares|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into squares|
|Bacon slices||24 Medium|
|Orange marmalade||18 Ounce|
|Scallions (green and white)||4 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped|
|Jalapeno pepper||2 Medium, seeded, minced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 466.5 mg
Sodium 1231.2 mg51.3%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 68.8 g
Protein 66 g132.1%
Vitamin A 29.7% Vitamin C 196.1%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 47.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan place the marmalade. Add the scallions, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, soy sauce and sesame oil.
2. Cook stirring constantly until marmalade liquefies. Remove from heat and cool down completely.
3. Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Place in a container and cover with the marinade. Mix well making sure to coat all the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. 1 ½ hours after the shrimp has been marinating, place the skewers in some water and soak for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and start skewering the kabobs. Thread some bacon on the skewer, followed by shrimp, followed by pineapple or bell pepper, or both thread the bacon and repeat the process.
6. Grill shrimp on low heat, flipping once when pink, for about 10 minutes.
7. In a serving platter, arrange the skewers and serve with any favourite dip.