- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gnocchi Recipe Video
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ragu sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|For the potatoes|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 98 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 99.4%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. Boil potatoes in a large pot with water and boil it until fork tender, once done drain and peel off the skin.
2. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes on a work top until smooth.
3. In another side of the worktop place the flour and make a well in the center.
4. Place the potatoes and egg in the center and knead everything until you form smooth dough.
5. Once done dust some flour on the worktop and take a small amount of the dough and roll it into a long cylinder shape, cut small pieces using a knife.
6. Using a grater roll the small piece of dough over it or leave it just like that.
7. Place a medium pot over the stove and pour water, add salt and bring it to a boil.
8. Once the water starts boiling, put the gnocchi inside and all it to cook, once the float on the surface they are ready to be removed.
9. Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place it in a serving plate.
10. Serve the gnocchi with ragu sauce and sprinkle some parmesan cheese.