- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe Video
|Gluten free flour blend||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baker's sugar/White sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Xanthan gum||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), partially melted|
|Spectrum shortening/Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ice cold water||8 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4351 Calories from Fat 1824
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321.4%
Saturated Fat 101.7 g508.4%
Trans Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 362.9 mg
Sodium 1285.8 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 552 g184%
Dietary Fiber 31.9 g127.7%
Sugars 112.2 g
Protein 59 g117.2%
Vitamin A 84.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 28.9% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processing jar take flour blend, baker sugar, xantum gum and salt. Blend for few minutes.
2. Add in the butter, spectrum shortening, egg white, ice cold water and vanilla. Process again and make dough.
3. Take out the dough and divide into two parts. Place in a saran wrap and keep in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and place over a wax paper. Cover with another wax paper and roll with rolling pin.
5. Place in a pie crust.
6. Fill pie crust with your favorite filling and bake. Serve for dessert.