- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make German Chocolate Red Wine Cake Recipe Video
|Vanilla sugar||8 Gram|
|Cocoa powder||8 Gram|
|Flour||250 Gram, sieved|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon, sieved|
|Dry red wine||250 Milliliter|
|Chocolate shaving||150 Gram|
|Icing sugar||150 Gram (For Topping)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5406 Calories from Fat 2279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 258 g397.3%
Saturated Fat 156.9 g784.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1383.5 mg
Sodium 2173 mg90.5%
Total Carbohydrates 666 g221.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.6%
Sugars 427.8 g
Protein 61 g121.4%
Vitamin A 144.7% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 176.1% Iron 109.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a springform cake tin lightly.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
4) Add the eggs and then sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
5) Mix in the red wine, cinnamon and salt and then fold in the chocolate shaving.
6) Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Cover the cake with a piece of foil and bake for another 30-35 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake emerges clean.
7) Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool in the tin and then turn out.
8) To make the topping, heat 30 ml of red wine in a pot and then mix with the icing sugar.
9) Place the cake on a cake pan and then coat with the still hot topping.
10) Sprinkle 30 ml of red wine all over the cake.
11) Serve the cake right away or chill for some time and then serve.