- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Lemon Yogurt Recipe Video
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Tablespoon (Preferable Organic Valley that contains real cheese enzymes)|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||2 Ounce|
|For the lemon syrup:|
|Lemons||3 Medium, juiced|
Calories 2085 Calories from Fat 552
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.5%
Saturated Fat 37.9 g189.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.4 mg
Sodium 350.4 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 397 g132.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 281.4 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 48.2% Vitamin C 174.7%
Calcium 48.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Lemon Syrup: In a pan, heat the lemon juice and sugar.
2. Bring to a boil until the granulated sugar is dissolved. Then, turn it off.
3. In a pan, add 1 cup of milk, heavy cream, light corn syrup, lemon zest and put on the stove.
4. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
5. As soon as it boils, turn off the heat and let it sit with lid on for a few minutes.
6. In a bowl, add cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of milk and mix well.
7. Bring the milk back to a boil and add the cornstarch mix and stir constantly.
8. Turn to medium and stir constantly for a few minutes.
9. In another bowl, add cream cheese.
10. Sift the boiled milk mix into the bowl and stir.
11. Add the yogurt and stir.
12. Add the lemon syrup and stir well.
13. Let the mix cool at room temperture.
14. Once cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
15. Add the mix into an ice cream maker and let the ice cream happen.
16. Pour into bowls and refrigerate the ice cream for a few hours.
17. Scoop into bowls and serve cold as dessert.