- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Risotto Balls Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Risotto||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 10747 Calories from Fat 8126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 918 g1411.7%
Saturated Fat 125.5 g627.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 467.8 mg
Sodium 804.5 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 548 g182.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.8%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 90 g180.9%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 42.6% Iron 53.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dip fingers in water and shape 2 rounded tablespoons chilled risotto into a (1 1/2") ball around a cube of mozzarella.
2. Roll in palm of hands to make a smooth ball. Place ball on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Repeat until you have formed 32 balls. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigeration until ready to fry.
3. In a large pot or Dutch Oven, heat oil to 360F-370F.
4. Put flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate bowls. For each risotto ball: roll in flour and shake off excess; dip in egg and let excess drip off; roll in bread crumbs; transfer to a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
5. Using a metal slotted spoon or skimmer, lower six balls into the oil. Fry until golden brown, approximately 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per batch of six. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Repeat until all the balls are fried.
6. The risotto balls are best if served immediately.