- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Fried Pickles Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hamburger dill pickle slices||11 Ounce|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1371 Calories from Fat 996
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.4%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1655.5 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, preheat the oil up to 350 F.
2. In a colander, put the pickle slices and allow to drain well.
3. In a bowl, place the buttermilk and put in the drained pickle slices.
4. In a medium bowl, place together both the flours, salt cayenne and paprika and mix well.
5. Remove pickle slices from the buttermilk and place in the flour mixture, handful at a time.
6. Shake off the excess flour and fry the battered pickle in hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
7. Continue frying pickles until all are done
8. Serve the fried pickles as desired.