- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Cajun Catfish Recipe Video
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cajun seasoning||3 Tablespoon|
|Catfish fillet||6 Medium|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or as required for deep frying)|
Calories 879 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 293.3 mg
Sodium 799.4 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 81 g162.1%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and pat dry the catfish.
2. In a bowl, add milk, egg and Dijon mustard. Whisk it well to combine all. Set aside.
3. In a wide mouthed shallow dish, mix cornmeal and Cajun seasoning. Keep aside.
4. Take a deep pan and heat oil for deep frying.
5. Once the oil is hot, take the cat fish, put it in the milk egg mix and coat it well.
6. Roll it in the Cajun seasoned cornmeal and put in the hot oil.
7. Fry it till the fish is done and crispy.
8. Remove from oil and place it on a plate with paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
9. Repeat with all the catfish fillets.
10. In a serving plate, serve this catfish with vegetables or any side of choice.