- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers Recipe Video
|Basa fish fillet/Tilapia||8 Medium (any white, firm, mild fish)|
|Lemon||1 1⁄2 Large, juiced|
|White onions||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted, chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg
Sodium 348 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 41.9%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a non-reactive dish place the fish fillets and cover with the lemon juice. Allow sitting for about 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
3. Heat a skillet and add the oil. Cook the fish, in batches, until they turn white on each side. Set the fish aside.
4. To the same skillet add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
5. Put the garlic and cook, stirring often, for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the oregano, thyme, capers, olives, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
8. Return the fish to the skillet by placing it directly onto the tomatoes. Cover the pan and cook for another 7 minutes or until the fish is completely cooked through.
9. On a serving plate, serve the fish on a platter with the tomato sauce on top and vegetables or any side of choice.