- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Granola Bars with Nuts and Raisins Recipe Video
|Oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flax seed||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Sunflower seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crush|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (Smart Balance brand)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisin||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 7.4 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.74%
Calcium 7% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) On a baking sheet, spread the oats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and peanuts and set aside.
3) In a small pot over a low heat put in the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and combine well.
4) Pour the oats mixture and butter mixture into a bowl and combine well, making sure the oats are all the oat mixture is covered with the liquid.
5) Sprinkle the raisins and combine well with the mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
7) Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8) Allow to cool and cut into rectangles.
9) Serve with a nice glass of milk.