- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Tamales Recipe Video
|Lard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Organic shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Masa flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn husk||50 Gram|
Calories 1035 Calories from Fat 936
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.1%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.7 mg
Sodium 299.7 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut corn husk into pieces and soak them in water.
2. In a bowl add the lard and shortening and mix it till becomes soft and fluffy.
3. Into the same bowl, put half of the masa flour and half of the broth. Mix it till incorporated.
4. Add the remaining flour and broth and mix well to combine. Allow it to sit for a 30 minutes.
5. Take a soaked corn husk. Put a scoop of masa mixture on it and spread it evenly either with hand or a spoon.
6. Spread 1 tablespoon of filling over it.
7. Hold the sides of the corn husk, fold it into half. Fold again and tie both ends.
8. Heat water in a steamer and put the wrapped tamales on it. Make sure the water does not touch the tamales.
9. Steam for 45 minutes.
10. Take a serving plate. Pour the gravy of choice and unwrap the tamales over it. Serve it hot with either rice pudding or drinks.