- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||2 Pound, cut as desired|
|Seasoning salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (white/ black)|
|Cajun seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||3 Dash (Optional)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.1%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.5 mg
Sodium 1169.4 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 9% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add all the spices i.e, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, pepper, Cajun seasoning and paprika and mix well.
4. Rub ½ of the spice mix all over the chicken generously. Set aside,
5. In another bowl, put the flour and the remaining ½ of the spice mix.
6. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
7. In a small bowl, add egg, milk and hot sauce (if using). Whisk well to combine.
8. Take a chicken piece, roll it in the egg mix and then dredge in the flour mix.
9. Place it on a plate for 5 minutes and dredge again in the flour mix.
10. Repeat this with all the pieces.
11. Grease a grill rack generously with vegetable oil and place it on the foil wrapped baking sheet.
12. Place the coated chicken on the greased rack.
13. In a small bowl, mix butter and olive oil.
14. Brush the butter mix all over the chicken generously or pour it over the chicken.
15. Bake for 40 minutes. Change the oven setting to broil and broil for another 4 minutes or till the skin turns crisp.
16. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
17. In a serving plate, arrange the chicken and serve with a side dish of your choice.