- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Mince Pies Recipe Video
|Pastry sheet||425 Gram|
|Demerera sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Mincemeat||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.7 mg
Sodium 319.6 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Dust some icing sugar over the work surface. Roll out the pastry onto the work surface.
3. Spread out the mincemeat on top of the pastry. Scatter the chopped walnuts.
4. Roll up each side of the pastry so they meet in the middle. Slice horizontally into little parcels.
5. Brush with a little bit of beaten egg. Sprinkle over the demerera sugar and ground cinnamon.
6. Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Serve the Mince Pies with some sauce.