- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deconstructed, Reconstructed Hummus Recipe Video
|Chickpeas||500 Gram, boiled|
|Radishes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tahini paste||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 307.6 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.1%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g114.1%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 138%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 55.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
2. Peel and finely chop the red onion.
3. Trim the radishes, and chop, along with the cucumber into pieces roughly the same size as a chickpea.
4. Break down the cauliflower into small bite-sized florets .
5. In a large bowl, place the onion, radishes, cucumber, cauliflower and chickpeas.
6. Chop the bread into small cubes and drizzle over it 1 tbsp of the Olive Oil.
7. On a tray place the cubes, and toss them in the oil before placing them in the oven. Shake the pan periodically to ensure even cooking.
8. Leave the cubes cooking until they’ve started to take on a light golden-brown colour – about 20 minutes.
9. In a bowl, mix the remaining 1tbsp of Olive Oil with the Tahini Paste and Lemon Juice.
10. Peel and mince the garlic and to the above bowl. Mix well to create a creamy emulsion.
11. Once the toasted bread is ready, add into the bowl with the rest of the vegetables.
12. Pour the Tahini Paste sauce over the top and mix for a few minutes to ensure everything is well coated.
13. Add in some freshly ground salt and pepper to taste, serve immediately and enjoy!
14. If you’re planning on serving the salad at a later time then consider keeping the bread separate until the last minute in order to keep it crisp.