- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dark Chocolate Almond Mousse Recipe Video
|Sweetened bitter chocolate||180 Gram, chopped finely|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chilled (1 cup for the mousse 1/2 cup for garnish)|
|Eggs||3 Large, separated|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||2 Tablespoon, shaved (FOR GARNISH)|
|Orange peel||6 Small, curled (FOR GARNISH)|
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.9%
Saturated Fat 22.9 g114.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.7 mg
Sodium 57.3 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks. Do not overbeat it. Refrigerate it.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
3. Place the chocolate, butter and almond extract in a bowl over boiling water. Melt the chocolate – stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and remove the bowl from over the pan.
4. FOR GARNISH: Whip the cream until starting to stiffen. Add the sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
5. When the chocolate is warm and no longer hot add the egg yolks. Whisk in the egg yolks into the chocolate.
6. Gently fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream. Fold in half of the beaten egg whites.
7. Carefully incorporate the ingredients (Use a rubber spatula).
8. Add the remaining egg whites and the cream. Fold softly until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
9. Divide the mousse into six ramekins or dessert glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
10. Just before serving, whip the remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream with confectioner's sugar for garnish.
11. Take the refrigerated ramekins; put a dollop of whipped cream on top of each one. Garnish with chocolate shavings and orange peel and serve.
The chocolate needs to cool down a bit but should not get cold. Test a little bit on the inside of your wrist.