- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Rubbed Pork Chops with Mango Salsa Recipe Video
|Pork chops||3 Medium (each 1/2 inch thick)|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Garlic powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (FOR RUB)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (1- RUB; 2- FRYING)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1- RUB; 1/2- SALSA)|
|Mango||1 Small, peeled, diced (FOR MANGO SALSA)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely (FOR MANGO SALSA)|
|Radish||2 Medium, chopped finely (FOR MANGO SALSA)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (FOR MANGO SALSA)|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juiced (FOR MANGO SALSA)|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg
Sodium 1043.3 mg43.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 40.6%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a bowl mix the curry, cumin, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add 1 TBS olive oil and form a paste.
3. Rub the pork chops on both sides and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
4. MANGO SALSA: In a larger bowl put mango, red onion, radishes and cilantro. Mix.
5. Add lime juice and salt. Mix well and set aside.
6. Heat a large skillet. Add the 2 tablespoon of oil.
7. Place the pork chops and cook them until the bottom has formed a brown crust for about 5 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your pan, work on medium-high to medium heat.
8. Flip the chops. Once that side has developed a crust for about another 5 minutes, flip them again. Do this for a couple of times.
9. The pork is done when a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Or, when cut close to the bone, clear juices are seen.
10. In a serving plate, place the pork chops. Put the salsa over it and serve with any side like mashed potato.