- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Smashed Potatoes Recipe Video
|Baby potatoes||16 Medium (any type)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 505.6 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scrub the potatoes well to rid them completely of dirt.
2. Place them in a pot and cover with water. Salt it and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until they are cooked through and you can easily pierce them with a fork.
4. Remove the potatoes from the pot and let them cool down completely.
5. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. On a lightly oiled baking sheet place the cooked potatoes, about 2 inches apart.
7. Using a small glass, smash the potatoes. Don’t worry if they break a little.
8. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Add salt and pepper and place them in the oven.
9. Roast them until they are crunchy for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
10. On a serving plate, serve these potatoes as a side for meat of choice or any main dish.