- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Hash Browns Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||2 Medium, peeled|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1129 Calories from Fat 1013
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.3%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 976.4 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 2% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a bowl grate the potatoes.
2. Squeeze the excess liquid and dry with a paper towel.
3. Heat a skillet with vegetable oil until really hot. Add the potatoes in an even layer that is not too thin or thick.
4. Potatoes are ready when they are browned in the outside and white but cooked in the inside.
5. Place them on a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
6. In a serving plate, serve these hash browns hot with egg and bacon for breakfast.