- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Creme Brulee Recipe Video
|Double cream||450 Milliliter|
|Full fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla pod||1 Large|
|Egg yolks||5 Large|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.8 mg77.6%
Sodium 14.6 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.7% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 150*C.
2. Scrape seeds from vanilla pod.
3. In a sauce pan, combine milk and cream.
4. Add vanilla seeds to it. Turn the heat to simmer when it starts boiling.
5. In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
6. Pour cream into the egg yolk mixture. Pour a little amount at at time.
7. In a jug, pour the cream mixture through a sieve.
8. Pour the mixture in a dish and place it on baking tray.
9. Pour hot water in baking dish.
10. Pop it into the oven for 45 minutes.
11. Sprinkle sugar on top and blow torch it to caramelize.
12. Serve it with milk or juice.