- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Polenta with Egg Recipe Video
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coarse cornmeal/Polenta||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Egg yolk||2 Medium|
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.4 mg
Sodium 584.6 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a pot pour the milk and chicken stock.
2. Whisk in the cornmeal. Add the pepper.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Watch out for bubbling, hot polenta. It will Pop out of the pan and could cause burns.
4. Cook the polenta for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Stir vigorously for about 3 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks. Add about ½ cup of polenta into the eggs to temper them. Whisk well.
6. Add the tempered eggs to the polenta and mix well.
7. In a serving plate, serve the polenta with choice of meat.