- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Polenta with Cream Cheese Recipe Video
|Boiling water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||55 Gram (1/2 stick)|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce (1 1/2 packages)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg
Sodium 411 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a thick bottom pan, boil water and add salt to it.
2. Put the cornmeal slowly and whisk it continuously till it dissolves completely.
3. Turn the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, while whisking it occasionally.
4. After 20 minutes add butter and stir till it melts.
5. Cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Put cream cheese slowly in batches and stir till it melts. Turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve it with choice of meat or any main dish.