- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Celery stalks||1 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 779.3 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPan
1. In a pan pour olive oil and add the butter, sauté the onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Over medium heat cook for 15-18 minutes or until the moisture from the mushrooms evaporates.
4. Cook for additional 10 minutes until the mushrooms brown.
5. Turn off the heat and cool the mixture before blending.
6. Add the mixture in the blender and pour chicken broth and blend everything until pureed.
7. Once it’s pureed transfer it back to the pan and add half and half and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat, adjust seasoning at this point.
8. Turn off the heat and transfer the soup in a serving bowl, garnish with parsley.
9. Serve the Cream of Mushroom Soup immediately.
Store the soup in a mason jar once it’s cold.