- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Green Beans Recipe Video
|Potatoes||4 Pound, quartered|
|Onion||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green beans||10 Pound (Canned or fresh)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 11057 Calories from Fat 5693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 635 g977.5%
Saturated Fat 187.9 g939.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1433.4 mg477.8%
Sodium 5400.8 mg225%
Total Carbohydrates 837 g279.1%
Dietary Fiber 210.8 g843.2%
Sugars 129.2 g
Protein 566 g1131.3%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 674.7%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 86.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If using fresh green beans, wash and pinch tips.
2. In a large Dutch oven, over medium heat, sauté onion, bacon, and ham hocks for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add beans, toss to blend, add a small amount of water, and simmer over low heat for approximately 3 hours.
4. Add potatoes and cook an additional 120 mins or until fork tender.
5. This is a great recipe for serving a crowd.