- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Corn Tortilla Chips and Cinnamon Sugar Chips Recipe Video
|For the corn tortillas chips|
|Corn tortillas||4 Medium (mission)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Deep Frying)|
|For the cinnamon sugar chips|
|Flour tortillas||4 Medium (mission)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 413.2 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedCutting board
1. Heat the oil for frying and make sure that the oil temperature is around 325-350 degrees, use a candy thermometer.
2. Cut the corn tortillas in 8 piece triangles.
3. Fry the corn tortillas chips for few minutes on each side, using a tong remove the chips on a paper towel tray and sprinkle some salt over it.
4. For the flour tortillas follow the same procedure the only difference is you will sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture instead of salt.
5. Serve the salted tortillas with salsa or guacamole and the cinnamon tortillas with any desert.
Store the oil in a glass container and you can use the same oil for re- freied beans.
You can store the chips in a zip-lock bag.