- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Marinated Grilled Chicken Recipe Video
|White onion/Shallots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Chilli pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Large, juiced|
|Lime/Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Lime zest/Lemon zest||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken||1 , cut into large pieces|
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 773
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.5%
Saturated Fat 23 g114.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 266.7 mg
Sodium 3274.5 mg136.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 67 g134.5%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 62.6%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a bowl, mix garlic, ginger, chilli pepper, oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, lime zest. Stir to mix it well.
3. In a larger bowl, take the chicken pieces, pout this marinade over it. Mix it well with clean hands. Cover and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
4. Prepare the barbecue grill.
5. Place the marinated chicken pieces on the barbecue grill and cook on indirect heat for 45 minutes or till the chicken is done.
6. If desired, put sausages in between so that chicken can get the flavor of the sausage as well.
7. On a serving platter, serve this chicken with any dip of choice or side dish.