- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Toffee Crunch Recipe Video
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely ground|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 27.7 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.3%
Sugars 43.2 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 0.88%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottom pan, heat butter and sugar.
2. Stir it continuously till the butter melts and sugar begins to dissolve in it.
3. Once the sugar dissolves, lower the heat and continue cooking while stirring it once in a while, till it turns light amber in colour. Takes about 30 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat.
5. Take a rimmed dish and line it with foil or make a rimmed foil tray. Pour half of the caramel into it and spread evenly into a thin layer.
6. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and top it with coarsely ground walnuts.
7. Allow it to sit for a few minutes or put in the refrigerator for a few minutes till it hardens.
8. Repeat the same process with the remaining half of the caramel.
9. In the gift bowl, cut them into squares and place between wax papers, seal and gift it to loved ones or eat it yourself whenever desired.