- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe Video
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pink food colour||5 Drop|
Calories 851 Calories from Fat 445
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.5%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g150.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.2 mg53.4%
Sodium 99.5 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.7%
Sugars 53.1 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl add the flour, unsweetened cocoa, salt and mix well.
2. In a mixer, put butter. Cream it. Add sugar, egg. Beat it till creamy.
3. Put the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients and beat well till combined.
4. Using clean hands roll the cookie dough and wrap it and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
7. Using an ice cream scoop or teaspoon, scoop the batter and place them far away from each other on the baking tray with parchment paper.
8. Dunk bottom of a glass into flour and press the dough to flatten it.
9. Bake it for 10 minutes.
10. FOR FROSTING: In a mixer, cream butter. Add confectioner’s sugar, peppermint extract and food colour and beat it till combined.
11. Once the cookie is done, take it out and cool it completely.
12. SANDWICH: Take a cookie, spread the frosting and place another cookie over it to make a sandwich.
13. Press it so that the frosting oozes out. Roll it in the peppermint candy crumbs.
14. Take another cookie, spread the frosting on it and sprinkle some peppermint candy crumbs on it.
15. On a cookie, spread the frosting and grate chocolate generously.
16. Repeat steps 12- 15 on as many cookies as desired.
17. On a serving platter, arrange these cookies and serve with milk, beverages or as it is.