- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chipotle BBQ Baked Beans Recipe Video
|Bacon links||10 , cut into pieces|
|White onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chipotle pepper in adobo||2 Medium, chopped finely (Optional)|
|Butter beans/Canned or any variety||32 Ounce, cooked|
|Cooking liquid||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Horse radish||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.3 mg
Sodium 1102.4 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.3%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large pan crisp the bacon. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate.
4. Discard all but 2 TBS of the rendered fat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened and translucent.
5. Put the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until you can smell it.
6. Add the chipotles and the cooked bacon. Stir for a few minutes.
7. Put beans, cooking liquid, barbecue sauce, cider vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, horse radish and molasses. Mix well.
8. Bring pan to a boil, cover and place in oven for about 1 ½ hours. If your pan is not oven proof, place the beans in a casserole dish with a cover and bake them in that. Remove beans from oven.
9. In a serving plate, serve this hot with sandwiches, burgers or toast.