- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Fried Rice Recipe Video
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|White onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Scallion (white and green)||3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 343 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a large pan or wok, add peanut oil and heat it very high.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, white onions and scallions. Stir well to mix and sauté till the onions begin to turn brown.
4. Put the peas, white rice and stir to combine them.
5. Pour the soy sauce and mix well removing the lumps to coat all the ingredients with the sauce.
6. Make a well in the center and break the egg. Allow it to set for a few seconds and scramble them. Just before they set, mix them well with the rice and turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve this fried rice hot garnished with chopped green of the scallions or cilantro, along with the side dish of choice.