- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Chili Rellenos Recipe Video
|Poblano peppers||3 Large|
|Egg||3 Large (separated as egg white and yolk.)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (For deep frying)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or as required to stuff the Poblano peppers)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR SERVING)|
|Cooked beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR SERVING)|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.3%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.2 mg
Sodium 514.2 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 84.1% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan and toast the Poblano peppers. Peel them and stuff them with the cheese.
2. Separate the egg into whites and yolk.
3. In a bowl, take the egg white and beat it till it forms stiff peaks.
4. Add the egg yolk and flour to it and mix it till incorporated.
5. Take a pan and heat oil in it to deep fry the peppers.
6. Put the stuffed Poblano pepper in the egg- flour mixture and deep fry it till it is done. Drain it on a paper towel.
7. Repeat the same process to all the remaining stuffed Poblano peppers.
8. In a serving plate serve the Chili Rellenos hot with rice and beans, garnished with salsa or cheese.