- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Chickpea And Chilli Bites Recipe Video
|Fresh broccoli||200 Gram (Tenderstem broccoli)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red chili||1 , chopped finely (Optional)|
|Canned chickpeas||400 Gram (drained)|
|Grated parmesan||75 Gram|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 lemon)|
|Basil leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.4 mg
Sodium 702.3 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 95.8%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a steamer, steam the tenderstem broccoli for a few minutes until it is just tender. Remove from the heat and keep to one side.
2. Chop the flowery top section off each piece of the tenderstem broccoli, cut into smaller pieces and set aside. Roughly chop the main part of the stalk, set aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and gently cook the onion, garlic and chilli, until the onion has softened. Remove from the heat and spoon into a food processor.
4. Place the chickpeas, egg, parmesan, lemon zest, basil and the stalks of the tenderstem broccoli into the food processor and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grind until a rough paste and then transfer to a bowl. Mix in the reserved tenderstem broccoli tops.
6. Using hand, shape the mixture into patty shapes.
7. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the patties on each side until golden.
8. Serve the Chickpea And Chilli Bites hot.