- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken, Vegetable & Quinoa Soup Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed 5 times|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Clear chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Carrot||2 Large, diced|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Chicken thighs||8 Medium, cooked, shredded|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely (FOR GARNISHING)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 62.7 mg20.9%
Sodium 722 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 85% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the quinoa 5 times and scrub it to remove any bitterness.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil and fry the quinoa till it turns to cream or beige colour. Set aside.
3. Take the chicken used for chicken broth. Remove the skin, debone and shred it. Keep aside.
4. In a large pot, take the clear chicken broth.
5. Add carrot, pumpkin, potatoes, cabbage, shredded chicken and quinoa. Stir well.
6. Put the tomato paste and stir to incorporate. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and cumin. Mix well.
7. Bring it to boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat
8. In a serving bowl, pour the soup, garnish it with parsley and serve hot with crispy bread.
Any vegetable of choice can be used for this soup.