- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Chicken Stock Recipe Video
|Chicken carcass||5 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, cut in half|
|Shallots||1 Medium, cut in half|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cut|
|Carrot||2 , cut in to medium pieces|
|Celery||3 Medium (ribs)|
|Rosemary, parsley, sage, and thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 54 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.45 g0.69%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 45.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 85.2% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large stock pot, and place chicken carcass in it.
2. Add shallots, onion, garlic, whole carrot, celery, apple, and pepper.
3. Then, add the herbs, bay leaf, and peppercorn in it.
4. Top the pan with cold water and bring it to boil. Turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3 hours for all the flavors to steep.
5. In a bowl, strain the stock, and refrigerate it. Once the stock is cooled remove the surface stock.
6. Use the stock to prepare soup and sauce.