- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Chicken Stock Recipe Video
|Chicken carcass||5 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, cut in half|
|Shallots||1 Medium, cut in half|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cut|
|Carrot||2 Gram, cut in to medium pieces|
|Celery||3 Medium (ribs)|
|Rosemary, parsley, sage, and thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 855 Calories from Fat 515
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.8%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 283.5 mg94.5%
Sodium 295.1 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 72 g143.1%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large stock pot, and place chicken carcass in it.
2. Add shallots, onion, garlic, whole carrot, celery, apple, and pepper.
3. Then, add the herbs, bay leaf, and peppercorn in it.
4. Top the pan with cold water and bring it to boil. Turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3 hours for all the flavors to steep.
5. In a bowl, strain the stock, and refrigerate it. Once the stock is cooled remove the surface stock.
6. Use the stock to prepare soup and sauce.