- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken & Shrimp Kabobs Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||2 Large, deboned, diced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR MARINADE)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR MARINADE)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Medium (FOR MARINADE)|
|Shrimp||3⁄4 Pound, deveined|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, diced to large pieces|
|Red onion||1 Medium, diced to large pieces|
|Baby yellow potatoes||6 Small, parboiled|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.3 mg
Sodium 669.3 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 35 g70.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 62.9%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the chicken, remove the skin and dice it to bite size pieces.
2. In a bowl, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper, Salt, pepper, rosemary. Mix them well to combine.
3. Take a wide mouthed dish; place the chicken pieces in it. Pour the marinade over it and mix well.
4. Marinate it for at least 30 minutes or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
5. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
6. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
7. Take the marinated chicken and put the shrimp in it. Mix well to coat the shrimp with the oil and marinade.
8. Arrange the chicken, shrimp and vegetables as desired on the skewers.
9. Grill them for 6 minutes on both sides or till they are done.
10. On a serving platter, arrange the grilled skewers and serve them hot with any dip of choice.