- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Video
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 Large (room temperature)|
|Milk chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4735 Calories from Fat 2115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 245 g376.3%
Saturated Fat 135.8 g678.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg302.3%
Sodium 2386.8 mg99.4%
Total Carbohydrates 619 g206.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 337.3 g
Protein 50 g99.5%
Vitamin A 122.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 59.3% Iron 199.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, add the brown sugar and oatmeal and blend it till fine flour consistency.
2. In a bowl, take flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. Lightly butter the baking sheets.
5. Remove the eggs and butter from the fridge and keep it out to bring them to room temperature.
6. In a mixer, take butter and light corn syrup. Beat it till smooth.
7. Add the eggs one at a time and cream it. Keep scrapping the mixer to mix all the ingredients evenly.
8. Put the flour mixes into the mixer and mix well. Do so in two batches to avoid spilling and mixing the batter well.
9. Add the chocolate chips and mix again. Do not over mix it. Just enough to mix all the ingredients (add more chocolate chips if required).
10. Using a cookie scoop, spoon the batter on the greased baking sheet leaving enough space to allow the cookies to spread.
11. Bake it for maximum 8 minutes (they might be raw in the center, but will harden when cooled).
12. Leave it on the baking sheet for 2 minutes.
13. Then scoop it out with a thin spatula and transfer on a cooling rack.
14. On a serving platter, arrange the cookies and serve with milk or any drinks.
These can be stored in air tight containers.