- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Cherry Cupcakes - Part 2 Recipe Video
|For baked cherries|
|Caster sugar||40 Gram|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|For cupcake batter|
|Plain flour||250 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||50 Gram|
|Marzipan||80 Gram (60% almonds)|
|For mascarpone frosting|
|Unsalted butter||60 Gram|
|Mascarpone cheese||150 Gram|
|Icing sugar||80 Gram|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 133.7 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 9% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Wash the cherries, cut them in half and remove the stones.
2. Line a 12 holes muffin tray with cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 180°C. Dice the marzipan in small cubes and set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl toss the cherries with the sugar and ground cinnamon. Spread the sugar-coated cherries onto the baking tray and bake them in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
4. In a bowl cream the sugar and eggs until thick fluffy and creamy. Melt the butter and stir the melted butter and milk into the creamed eggs, mix well.
5. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Add the zest of lemon. Gently fold the sifted flour mixture into the egg mixture.
6. Spoon a large tablespoon of cake batter into each cupcake case, add a teaspoon of the baked cherries and a few dices of the marzipan. Top each cupcake case with more cake batter until just below the rim.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the diced marzipan on top of the cake batter and bake the cupcakes in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
8. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
9. In a mixing bowl, place soft butter. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the soft butter. Cream the butter until light and fluffy, add the mascarpone and mix to cream.
10. Sift the icing sugar over the creamed mascarpone mix and gently fold it in.
11. Garnish each cupcake with a generous amount of the mascarpone frosting and spoon a generous amount of the baked cherries on top.
12. Serve the Cherry Cupcakes as it is and enjoy!