- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Cheese Enchiladas Recipe Video
|Red enchilada sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Homemade or store bought)|
|Corn tortillas||12 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Mexican blend recommended / Cheddar with mozzarella)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To garnish)|
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 441
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.6%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg
Sodium 929.2 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 18 g35.4%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 0.65%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. 9" x 13" oven proof dish
2. A pair of tongs - to fry the tortillas
1. Take a 9" X 13" oven proof dish, pour a thin layer of red enchilada sauce.
2. In a skillet, heat oil for frying the corn tortillas, fry them one at a time for a few seconds to soften them (do not get them crisp, you won't be able to roll them), and set them aside in a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
4. Soak each softened tortillas in the enchilada sauce.
5. Fill each with the shredded cheese, roll and place in the pan prepared with the layer of sauce in the bottom.
6. Pour some more of the sauce over the rolled tortillas placed in the baking pan. Top it with shredded cheese.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until all the cheese melts.
8. Once done, sprinkle with some chopped green onions and the cheese enchiladas are ready to serve.
9. Serve immediately.