- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Cauliflower (Gobi) Curry / Indian Recipe Video
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||1 Small, chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower florets||300 Gram|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, pureed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed (Kasoori Methi)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 172.1 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 87.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large wok, heat up 2 tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
2. When the cumin seeds splutter, add the chopped green chili, ginger, garlic and onions. Fry them for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
3. After 2 minutes, add salt, turmeric and red chili powder. Stir well to incorporate the spices into the onions, and let onions cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Once the onions turn golden brown, add the cauliflower florets. Mix thoroughly so that the florets are well coated with the spices.
5. Add the pureed tomatoes, stir well.
6. Add water, cover and let it cook for about 10 - 12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
7. Finally add dried fenugreek leaves, chopped cilantro leaves and garam masala. Stir to mix everything together.
8. Serve warm with rice, roti, naan or paratha.