- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Carnitas Potato Hash Recipe Video
|Lard||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mexican chorizo||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coca cola||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper corn||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|For the hash|
|Hashed potato||1 Pound, grated|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Pico de gallo||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mexican cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1119 Calories from Fat 771
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.3%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 262.4 mg
Sodium 921.5 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a saucepan add in lard, orange juice, coco cola, condensed milk, bay leaf, white pepper corn, cinnamon and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Simultaneously in another pan add in the chorizo and sauté.
3. In the lard mixture add in the canela and pork and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In a large bowl take potato, eggs and flour mix well.
5. Add in flour in the chorizo mixture mix well. Followed by potato mixture, pico de galla and Mexican cheese. Cook for 10 minutes and keep stirring.
6. Heat a small pan and assemble everything – add in the lard mixture and top it with chorizos mixture. Cook for 5 minutes on high.
7. Serve carnitas with red wine and enjoy!