- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Caramel Sauce Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (cardamom/ chai mix/ vanilla/ seasalt)|
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.2 mg
Sodium 130.7 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 109.8 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 30.3% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, put 1 stick of butter. Add brown sugar, then add honey.
2. Mix well and let the butter, sugar, and honey cook on medium heat until they start boiling.
3. Once the mixture start boiling, stir constantly, and let it boil for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to low-medium, and add condensed milk. Flavor the caramel with the spice of choice (Cardamom, Chai mix, or vanilla and sea salt).
5. Let the caramel cook on low-medium heat for 3 minutes while stirring constantly. Do not let it boil. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving bowl, serve it as a dip, topping on desserts or store it in an air tight container in the fridge.